Instructions for Authors
1. Preparation of manuscripts: To facilitate blind review, do not include identifying information within the manuscript. Information such as name, affiliation, and email address will be gathered through the submission form.
Manuscripts must be electronic Word documents, double spaced, using wide margins. Write out numbers under 10 except percentages, degrees or numbers expressed as decimals. Direct quotations should include the exact page number on which they appeared in the book or article. All measurements should be given in SI metric units. The font should be Arial 12. Images, figures, or any supplementary material may be included within the document or attached as supplementary files (see option at end of submission form). To facilitate blind review, do not include names on the document.
2. References, presented in the text by superscript numbers. The bibliography should list references in the order of their appearance in the text and be double spaced. References should be in PubMed format using PubMed journal abbreviations as shown below:
Freedman SB, Adler M, Seshadri R, Powell EC. Oral ondansetron for gastroenteritis in a pediatric emergency department. N Engl J Med. 2006 Apr 20;354(16):1698-705.
3. Legends for all illustrations, listed in order of appearance and double spaced.
4. Illustrations/Images: Photos, original drawings, charts, graphs, illustrations. All images must have resolution of 300 pixels per inch (ppi). Web page images are to be avoided. Set digital cameras to their highest quality (ppi) setting for photographs.
5. Preparation of photographs/illustrations: Drawings, charts and lettering on prints should be done in black with white backgrounds. Put dates or initials in the legends. Make lettering large enough to be read when drawings are reduced in size. When submitting an illustration that has appeared elsewhere, give full information about previous publication and credit to be given, and state whether or not permission to reproduce it has been obtained.
6. Case Reports/Interesting Clinical Cases: please follow all preceding directions and include the following sections 1. Case presentation(s), 2. Discussion and 3. Conclusion