The Transportation Finance and Economics: Policy Options for the Future symposium was held on September 11-12, 2008, in Iowa City, IA. This symposium brought together national experts in many aspects of Transportation Policy from highways and transit to the externalities of transportation such as land use and equity. 170 people participated in interdisciplinary discussions concerning timely issues such as the upcoming reauthorization of the Federal Transportation Bill.
Browse the contents of Transportation Finance and Economics: Policies for the Future:
- Session 1: Transportation Policy Development and Issues
- Session 2: Transportation Policy Analysis: The State of the Art
- Session 3: Transportation Policy Applications: Impacts of Highways on Economic Development
- Session 4: Transportation Policy Applications: Transportation Finance Alternatives
- Session 5: Transportation Policy Challenges: Global Impacts
- Session 6: Transportation Policy Challenges: Data and Information Needs