About this Journal
The Walt Whitman Quarterly Review (ISSN 0737-0679 (print), ISSN 2153-3695 (online)) was founded in 1983 as a successor to the Walt Whitman Review (0043-017X), which was itself the successor to the Walt Whitman Newsletter, founded in 1955 by Gay Wilson Allen. WWQR was co-edited by William White, former editor of the Walt Whitman Review, and Ed Folsom until 1990, when Folsom became the sole editor.
Older issues of WWQR are available freely online. Access to the most recent year is limited to subscribers.
Our Current Bibliography of Whitman scholarship, published in each issue of WWQR, is now searchable as a single database, covering articles, books, and chapters of books written about Whitman from 1975 to the present. Most entries are annotated. A searchable database as part of the Walt Whitman Archive.
Ed Folsom prepared the bibliographies from 1985 to the present. Bibliographies from 1975 to 1985 were prepared by William White and revised and supplemented by Ed Folsom. During the summer of 2000, Jon Miller oversaw major revisions and coordinated work by Todd Diehl, Margaret Loose, and Matthew Miller. Matthew Miller oversaw the creation of the database. To report errors and omissions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the 1855 Census of first editions of Leaves of Grass can be found in v.24 no.2.
The Walt Whitman Quarterly Review office is located in the English-Philosophy Building at the University of Iowa.
Phone: (319) 335-0592
FAX: (319) 335-2535
Please address all correspondence to:
Walt Whitman Quarterly Review
Department of English
The University of Iowa
308 English Philosophy Bldg.
Iowa City, IA 52242-1492
The image of Walt Whitman is from the frontispiece of the 1855 edition of Leaves of Grass, courtesy of the Special Collections Department, The University of Iowa Libraries.