This course content was designed as a week-long online module for a 1-credit online information literacy course.
Activities in this module include:
- 2A: Codes of Academic Conduct (p. 3 - 4)
- 2B: What Are My Friends Sharing? (p. 5 - 6)
- 2C: What Am I Clicking? (p.7)
Module content focuses on defining, evaluating, and identifying reliable information in the context of academic work and everyday life information use. By the end of this unit, students should be able to:
- Define plagiarism and misrepresentation as described in academic contexts
- Identify characteristics of credible & reliable online information sources
- Compare and contrast information use in academic and everyday life contexts
- Reflect upon personal online information consumption
information literacy, plagiarism, reliability, credibility, information use
Copyright © 2017 University of Iowa Libraries
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
University of Iowa